We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||Field Service Engineer|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £35,000pa|
A new opportunity has become available for an AV Field Engineer to join an AV integrator who is supplying and servicing primarily central government agencies and local government. The client has expanded rapidly over the last 2-3 years and looking to increase its engineering and technical capacity.
Purpose of the Job:
To provide maintenance and installation services in support of audio and PC-based applications, primarily within the designated Area.
To provide on-site AV installation and commissioning service with the capability to fulfill the role of lead engineer.
• To communicate professionally and positively to generate a strong working relationship with client staff and colleagues
• To undertake remote 1st and 2nd line service calls, e.g. telephone diagnosis, in order to minimise any service disruption and service resolution times
• To attend on-site maintenance and emergency calls to diagnose and rectify faults in order to return the system to full working order in such a manner that re-visits are avoided
• PC software installation and diagnosis
• DSP Mixer (Biamp or QSC) configuration modification
• To install Audio-Visual Systems, either AV-over-IP or HDBT infrastructure, including cable routing and termination to high industry standards
• To adhere to the company’s ISO Processes & Procedures to ensure timely completion of admin responsibilities
Technical & Personal Specification
• Must conduct every interaction with clients in a courteous, friendly and positive way
• At least 3 years relevant experience within the audio-visual industry
• Technically competent and confident in the audio and AV products especially DSP mixers
• Educated to at least GCSE level and/or a recognised professional qualification or certified apprenticeship scheme
• Good communication skills, both written and oral. Able to deal effectively with people at all levels and to explain technical issues to customers
• PC literate with a logical, analytical approach to problem-solving
• Able to work under pressure and remain calm when faced with unexpected or stressful situations
• Good level of organisational and time management skills
• Must hold UK driver’s license
The client is based in the South but delivers nationally.
|Benefits:||Salary negotiable dependent on experience|
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|