We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||Engineering Technician|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £35,000pa|
This role requires the candidate to have a good understanding of AV and video disciplines, along with an electrical engineering qualification. You will be working as part of a team of experienced, technically skilled engineers supporting the development of this exciting part of our business. If you do not live within a commuting distance of 45-50 min of Southall, Middlesex, please don't apply.
This job isn’t for everyone or just anyone. The pace is fast, expectations are high, and resources are always constrained. Some days are very long, which is why we can only consider candidates based to the West of London. This role would suit somebody who has a keen interest in engineering and AV, with an established knowledge of electronics and enjoys problem-solving. The right candidate will be process driven with a good degree of flexibility, initiative and common sense. We need a team player with a positive outlook and a can-do/make it happen attitude and enviable attention to detail, who can take ownership of a task or project and see it through to completion.
The role is split, primarily working alongside our engineer team, modifying, building and maintaining video/audio/networking equipment, and cables and components used on film sets. Excellent tool skills, particularly soldering electrical components will be a requirement from the start. From time to time you will also be required to assist our operations team, preparing and testing equipment, managing client requests and providing technical support. This will also involve prepping, testing and checking in/out of our rental equipment, and occasional driving duties delivering and collecting equipment to and from film studios and rental houses.
• Extensive and specialised knowledge of audio and video techniques.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical position in Audio Visual
• A tried and tested installation engineer with experience of designing bespoke AV solutions
into end users
• Advanced knowledge of network and computer/ICT techniques
• Advanced knowledge of systems engineering
• Knowledge of procedures concerning the technical installation, implementation and delivery
• Understanding and interpretation of wiring designs and pin out and schematic drawings
• 2 years’ experience with AV installation / servicing
• Above-average fault-finding skills with ability to take initiative and problem solve
• Excellent soldering and cable crimping skills with impeccable attention to detail
• Background in electronics assembly and soldering
• Computer literate - competent with MS Office - Excel, Word and Apple with ability to learn
new programs quickly
• Clean driving licence.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, highly developed client-facing presentation.
• Conscientious and positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
• A highly organized and self-motivating individual with the ability to work to deadlines,
managing their own workload.
• Discretion - working in sensitive areas of film production
• Flexibility – the company priorities often change unexpectedly, and you will need to be able
to change duties at short notice
• Physically active – moving and handling of heavy equipment is required
• Computer literate - competent with MS Office and Apple with the ability to learn new programs
and applications quickly
• Lives within 1-hour max commute
• Good vision, as monitor calibration is required
• 45 hours per week
• Hours of Business - 8 am to 6 pm, with some flexibility to work outside of these hours if required.
• Monday to Friday – some weekend hours may be required
• Holiday 28 days per year including bank holidays
|Benefits:||Salary negotiable dependent on experience.|
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|