We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||Assistant Technical Manager - Events|
|Location:||Greater London, London, South East, South West|
|Salary:||£28,000 to £35,000pa|
Our client is looking for an Assistant Technical Manager to support with the management of the technical delivery of a given audio visual installation at worldwide events.
• Assisting Technical Project Managers with managing the technical elements of a job from the point of quotation up until the point of delivery.
• Assisting with the management of the on-site technical team to ensure that the delivery of the job is both efficient and technically sound.
• Stepping in as an operator on-site during major productions and events where necessary.
• Installing/de-rigging equipment to the highest level as per procedures.
• When acting as the technical lead, ensuring all equipment is checked and signed for by the client on delivery/installation and collection.
• Liaising with clients both in advance of and during an event to ensure that the client receives sound technical advice at all times.
• Providing on the spot diagnosis and rectification of technical issues as and when they occur.
• Maintaining a commercial awareness of a given job is ensure that the equipment recommended is consistent with the budgets allocated.
• Follow safe working practices and maintain Health & Safety standards, ensuring that equipment is installed within the provision of health & safety and that Health and Safety briefings are held.
• Contributing to post-event review meetings to discuss any operational or technical issues.
• Liaising with the warehouse regarding prep schedules for each event and overseeing the kit loading process where specific attention is required.
• Undertaking client demonstrations or in-house test set ups, ensuring that warehouse procedures are respected, and any demonstrations set up are appropriately dismantled and tidied away.
• Reporting any damaged kit or shortages of spares and consumables to the project manager / account manager in charge of the job.
• On occasions when driving company vehicles, completing daily vehicle checklists.
• Acting at all times as an advocate of and in the best interests of the company. This includes engaging with our clients where appropriate, helping to grow the accounts that we already have and win new business in the marketplace.
• Strong technical ability - A broad technical knowledge base across all areas of video, sound, lighting, networking and IT.
• Client Focus - interprets clients’ needs to build working relationships and deliver service solutions that exceed expectations
• Relationship/Stakeholder management - the ability to communicate at all levels clearly, concisely and accurately using the most appropriate methods
• Organisational and time management skills - prioritises effectively, works systematically and delegates appropriately
• Initiative and enterprise - identifies new opportunities and develops new ideas. Continually assesses methods of operation and makes valid suggestions for improvement
• Influencing skills - the ability to command respect, engage and influence others
• Commercial awareness / and Budgetary skills - demonstrates a clear understanding of company business and the ability to effectively balance cost, quality and ensure profitability
• Leadership - displays a positive leadership style. Motivates and gains commitment from others.
• Teamwork - works well within a team environment. Sees the team as part of the whole.
• Resilience - the ability to press ahead with the task at hand with a positive attitude
|Benefits:||Negotiable dependent on experience|
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|