We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||Operations Assistant - Rental Equipment|
|Location:||Greater London, London, Middlesex, South East, Berkshire|
|Salary:||£24,000 to £29,000pa|
Our Client offers a managed storage, maintenance and technical support service to freelancers working in the film and television industries, as well as specialist rental equipment to film production companies.
We are seeking an Operations Assistant to help with the day-to-day duties of running the business. The right candidate will be process driven with a good degree of flexibility, initiative and common sense. You will be a team player with a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
This role would ideally suit somebody who has a hands on approach, is good with technology, finds it easy to learn how to use new technical equipment and enjoys problem solving.
• Receiving and processing new products - asset listing and uploading information onto our dedicated asset management system.
• Maintain the inventory/stock control systems to ensure equipment is located, stored and transferred correctly; ensure the stock inventory is accurate.
• Building and testing the technical equipment for hire to film productions
• Delivery and collection of equipment to and from the film studios. This could occasionally involve early starts/ late finishes and occasional weekends.
• Cleaning Equipment - care needed with expensive technical equipment.
• Goods In - receiving deliveries/post and processing related paperwork, checking technical equipment is in good working order.
• Shipping goods - preparing goods for shipping and booking shipments
• Keeping the warehouse clean, tidy and safe.
• Keeping company vehicles clean, inside and out.
• Forklift duties - training course provided
• Cable making - training provided
• PAT testing - training course provided
• Clean driving licence, for insurance purposes you must have held license for 3+ years.
• Active – moving and handling of equipment required
• Common sense - ability to work unsupervised
• Conscientious and positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
• Flexibility – the company priorities change unexpectedly, candidate needs to be able to change duties at short notice, in line with the business needs.
• Discretion - working in sensitive areas of film production
• Computer literate - competent with MS Office - Excel, Word and Apple with ability to learn new programs quickly
Desirable but not essential:
• Interest in electronics / computers or film equipment
• Practical, basic DIY skills
• Higher education
• Dependability: Job requires a reliable, responsible, and dependable candidate with excellent time keeping.
• Attention to Detail: Job requires attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks in a conscientious manner, without supervision.
• Initiative Job requires a candidate who take prioritise their own workload, responsibilities and challenges and is a quick learner.
• Composure: Job requires an individual who can keep calm and maintain composure in a high-pressure environment.
• Flexibility: The successful candidate needs to be able to change duties at short notice, in line with the business needs.
• 45 hours average per week
• Hours of Business -
8am to 6pm with flexibility to work outside of these hours if required.
• Monday to Friday – weekend hours may sometimes be required
• Holiday 28 days per year including bank holidays
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|