We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||AV Support Technician|
|Location:||Greater London, London, South East, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£22,000 to £24,500pa|
My client is looking for two AV Technicians to be an active and enthusiastic part of the continuing process of transforming the audio visual team, turning it into a market leader within the London conference and live events industry
Staff of all grades will need to have clear enthusiasm to expand their knowledge of the various disciplines (sound, lighting, projection, filming, IT, telephony, video conferencing and streaming) on which the team’s service are based.
• To respond appropriately when resolving technical and customer service issues when they arise without seeking prior managerial approval.
• Account and event managers are given reliable and timely support in responding to clients’ last-minute needs.
• To act as the prime technical contact or operator during live events.
• Providing options and promoting enhanced services to client both potential and confirmed to increase revenue
• Providing an effective post event service to clients as a way of promoting repeat business and increased sales
• To provide regular feedback to the AV Operations Manager and Commercial manager focusing on service improvements and sales potential
• Set up and de-rig all technical meeting equipment to a high standard even when under pressure.
• Finding faults, diagnose technical problems and offer fixes, and "work-around" solutions efficiently when under pressure.
• To remain focused and alert during long shifts and events.
• To have a clear understanding the correct operation of all technical equipment.
• To operate AV equipment correctly and effectively during events.
• To be able to cope with the regular physical demands of the role including handling and lifting and rapid responses to situations.
• Install, de-rig and support IP based equipment such as streaming, video conferencing and wireless collaboration tools for visiting clients and delegates.
• To ensure that all meeting spaces are "event ready" all times.
• To work effectively with other stakeholders in the meetings and events team and with colleagues from other teams both internal and external.
All AV technicians are expected to deliver the highest level of customer service. They need to be able to anticipate customer needs, strive to exceed the clients’ expectations at all times and inspire the same dedication in their colleagues within the AV team.
• To be a visible presence front of house supporting a positive and supportive work culture amongst the meeting and events team and other colleagues throughout the client.
• Willing and able to work irregular hours and 24/7 support
• Work effectively with other members of the team even during times of stress.
• To be able to take instruction quickly and act upon it efficiently and accurately.
• To communicate effectively with stakeholders and clients on a daily basis.
• Following AV week sheets and weekly AV schedule planning to ensure that all AV equipment for events are set up, operated and cleared as requested.
• Ensuring all meeting documents and media is saved and stored on accordance to AV policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that daily feedback to account managers is completed post event.
• Ensuring that all equipment is returned to its correct storage location and that any damage or loss is reported to the AV Operations Manager.
• To have a clear understanding of other departments and their roles to ensure effective technical support is offered
• To organise any pre-meeting testing that is required, in relation to Skype and VMR’s, with remote sites around the world.
• To demonstrate consistent active learning of new systems and equipment.
• To monitor levels of equipment and consumable goods stock and report back to AV Operations Manager when ordering is required.
• To ensure that existing equipment is correctly maintained and always "event ready"
• To contribute ideas for future AV purchases and services to AV Operations Manager and Commercial Manager
• 35 hour week (positions at Grade F and above may require additional hours commensurate with position)
• Flexi-time scheme (Grades A-E)
• Pension scheme (defined contribution scheme and death in service benefit)
• Free staff restaurant (lunchtime Monday to Friday working days exclusive of Bank Holidays)
• Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probation)
• Enhanced maternity pay (after two years of service)
• Kidsunlimited childcare vouchers
• Individual learning and development needs review
• Occupational health support
• Corporate membership rate at local Virgin Active
• Cycle to Work Scheme
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|