We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||AV Lead Engineer - M4 Corridor|
|Location:||Greater London, London, Middlesex, Berkshire|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £35,000pa|
We are working on a new position looking for an AV Lead Engineer. Our client is on the lookout for an Engineer that has good access to London and the South East of the UK. This is a great opportunity for an Engineer that is looking to step up and lead/grow a new AV Engineering department for our client.
Hours: 8am – 5pm with some out of hours and weekend working required
This AV Lead Engineer role will be supporting a wide range of corporate clients. The successful candidate will have experience working hands on with complex AV systems, still be excited by the technology, and be keen to deliver outstanding customer service.
Daily duties will include room and system checks, responding to requests for support, investigating and troubleshooting both AV and IT issues at the site, and ensuring any active tickets are updated.
The role will be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing AV / IT systems including presentation systems, digital signage systems, UC and VC systems, and QSE audit systems. A working knowledge of audio visual equipment including display equipment, control systems and complex audio systems plus communications protocols such as RS232 and RS485 is also required. TCP/IP network knowledge and understanding will be essential to the position, as is the ability to use network diagnostic tools such as Wire Shark and Packet Tracer.
The ability to follow a schematic showing audio visual signals and control signals for interconnected devices is essential as is the ability to diagnose faults within the systems. The successful candidate will be competent in the use of small hand tools and soldering for the purpose of making connections. All systems are modular so no electronic component level repair is undertaken.
Equally important is the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals. This is a client facing role and as such the successful candidate will be expected to represent the company in a competent, professional and friendly manner.
This role will involve the occasional requirement to oversee sub-contractors of a technical nature. Ongoing technical training and access to Manufacture and CTS accreditation will be provided.
• Fault finding and rectifying AV / IT systems at the client site
• Providing remote assistance and onsite technical support for clients.
• Attending service handover meetings with the project team to ensure familiarity with new sites moving into support
• Carrying out preventative maintenance on installed systems at the site
• Providing technical assistance to service coordinators for handling customer enquiries as required
• Follow and review system schematics and network designs- ensuring all details and any alterations are recorded
• Represent the company with the necessary level of professional conduct and presentation
• Reporting any escalated matters directly to management
• Liaising with other project and engineering teams to develop customer and site knowledge
• Technical knowledge of AV, VC and IT equipment from all major brands.
• Understanding of AV technology / marketplace including products and trends.
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Organisational skills - including the ability to work on multiple projects / prioritise work
• Ability to understand project schedules and plans
|Benefits:||Salary dependent on experience|
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|