We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||AV System Designer|
|Salary:||£40,000 to £50,000pa|
Due to continued growth and expansion our client is currently looking for an experienced AV Designer. The successful candidate will be responsible for audio-visual systems design on a range of challenging projects. Ideally the candidate will have worked on Hospitality, Residential, Office fitout, refurbishment or relocation projects and have exposure to RIBA work stages.
The role is focused on installed audio-visual systems and will also require knowledge and experience of ICT and control systems typically found in AV installations.
The role will also include the preparation and co-ordination of audio-visual design advice for the development of projects across a broad range of market sectors. It will also require project management skills both during design and implementation phases.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Technical / Consulting:
• Engage with the Consultant team/Clients to establish clear AV & IT Briefs and technology requirements
• Provide input into technology strategy/concept documents
• Design & specify Audio Visual systems providing the Consultants with written specifications, budgets, schematics, pricing schedules etc.
• Coordinate & Manage the competitive procurement process
• Provide M&E, architectural & IT information to the professional team on the AV design
• Project Manage appointed contractors through project delivery including approving design submittals, site inspections, final commissioning & acceptance and client handover
• Oversee contractor off site testing works and AV system programming
• Assist in developing QA processes for managing implementation phases of AV & IT projects
Research / Technology & Innovation
• Research into emerging technology and future trends and provide regular updates to directors and team
• Explore areas of technology innovation and potential areas of service differentiation
Anticipated Person Profile (Essential Skills):
Experience in designing AV systems such as:
• Meeting rooms/ boardrooms / training rooms.
• Public address systems.
• Video and audio conferencing.
• Digital signage / Public Information systems.
• Control systems/home automation.
• Television distribution - satellite, terrestrial, cable (traditional/IPTV).
• AutoCAD 20xx intermediate level.
• Microsoft Office.
|Benefits:||Salary dependent on experience|
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|