We cover a wide range of audio visual and unified communication disciplines. We enjoy working with our candidates to understand their skill sets and career goals in order to find them the right opportunity. If you don’t see the right role listed in our vacancies section, drop us a note and we can keep you in mind when the perfect position pops up.
|Job Title:||AV Technical Services Manager - Scotland|
|Salary:||£40,000 to £50,000pa|
The client designs, supplies, installs, and maintains integrated Audio-Visual systems throughout Scotland. Centrally located in Glasgow with teams in Edinburgh, and a satellite office in Inverness.
The company is well placed to offer the environment and culture for you to reach your full potential with an employee ownership scheme allowing you to be a real part of the future and progress of the business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team to enhance the Engineering team. The company are embarking on the next stage of their growth plans having successfully weathered the challenges of the Covid pandemic.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Effective resourcing of engineering function. Manage, motivate, coach, and develop direct staff according to company policies and employment legislation
• Oversee and ensure quality, efficiency and on time completion of all installations and support functions
• Plan and oversee all aspects of project, organising people, tasks and resources to meet the projects goals on time and within budget
• Control of costs, maximising efficiencies in installation and support
• Communication of company policies, plans and performance data as appropriate ensuring all employee owners are well informed
• Support for company’s sales and tendering activities
• Work with the management team on financial planning, producing accurate reports where required
• Develop and implement continual improvement processes to ensure anticipation and achievement of customer expectations
• Ensure company complies with health and safety requirements and all employees are aware of their own responsibilities
• Contributing to management team discussions and to executive policy and strategy
• Taking an active interest in self-development, seeking opportunities to enhance skills and experience to optimise performance
• Any other duties and responsibilities as deemed required by line management
• Excellent technical knowledge of AV & VC equipment
• Must be able to produce and interpret cable schedules
• Must be able to produce and mark up DWG level room drawings. Knowledge of relevant drawings systems including CAD, Visio etc
• Knowledge of the latest AV products including but not limited to Extron, AMX, Crestron, Samsung, NEC, Polycom and Kramer
• Ability to commission full AV systems including but not limited to VC systems, Digital Sound Processors, Video and Audio distribution systems
• Extron and AMX Control System programming experience (Crestron desirable)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
• Ability to understand project schedule, plans and labour requirements
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure is essential to meet necessary deadlines
• Good understanding of IT and networks
Critical Success Factors
• Employee satisfaction and retention
• Production of timely, useful management information and performance data
• Optimal use of resource ensuring on time, on budget project completion.
• Health and safety adherence
|Benefits:||Salary negotiable dependent on experience|
|Consultant Name:||Cheryl Aitken-Smith|